Hey Guys Mod My Android coming back with another rooting and recovery tutorial for Xiaomi Mi 4. Safely root your Xiaomi Mi 4. rooting has been now safer, easier, or faster with this process. Just some simple steps and you can Root Mi 4 and Get all powers in your hand.Stay with post to check out full process.
To Root Mi 4 and install recovery in Mi 4. There are two different ways in both conditions one with Pc or Other without Pc. Rooting with pc has better chances of success. So try other in case if one of them are not working.
To do list :
Backup: Backup all your personal only for safety reasons.Nothing is wiped out in this tutorial.
Battery: Make sure to charge your phone at least 60% or more to prevent from bricking your phone
Only step to step guide: Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. Then we are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
Now let’s started Rooting Mi 4:
Root Mi 4 without Pc
- Download new version of rooting app from Here.
- Now install Apk on your mobile and open it.
- After opening app swipe up two time to go in main menu.
- Then click button Try It
- Now app collecting your device info. Wait till loading stops.
- To start Root Mi 4 click on Start Root button.
- Wait for process completed.
Now download Root checker apk from play store to check your device is rooted successfully. If rooting successfully completed then go install recovery part of this post or if not then try rooting with pc.
Root Mi 4 with Pc
Optional step (If Google trying to prevent installing from start on phone and comes up with window during press. Then select Install Anyway > click on Install)
- Download software for pc using in root from Here.
- Install software on Pc by double click .exe file > select accept agreement > click on next four time > click on install > click on finish.
- Now software is insttaled open it.
- Turn on USB Debugging on your phone from setting (Open settings > about phone > click 7 times on build numbers > back in setting > developer option > now select USB Debugging.
- Connect your mobile with pc using Usb cable (use original usb cable).
- Now click on Root to start rooting Mi 4.
- Rooting progress showing in percentage it will take some minutes. don’t touch or unplug phone in process.
- Don’t worry if device reboot automatically.
- If pc screen come back with big tick congrats your device is rooted.Close application on Pc
- Now your Phone is rebooting again.
Also check root status using root checker app available on Google play store.
Now Rooting of MI 4 is completed just stay with post to install custom recovery or TWRP recovery on your device.
Custom recovery also installing in two different ways with Pc or without PC but without pc requires Root grant on your mobile.
Install custom Recovery on MI 4
In this we are using flashify app to install custom recovery.App available on Google Play store.
- Download Flashify app from HERE
- Also TWRP.img files from HERE
- Open flashify app then click on Accept.
- Grant Root permission.
- Select recovery image > Click on choose a file.
- Select file file from file manager.
- Now click on Yup!
- Phone is now rebooted in Custom recovery.
- Download and install ADB drivers on your pc (default path is C:/Program Files/Android/android-sdk)
- Also download TWRP img in same folder were ADB drivers installed and rename it to TWRP.img
- Go to that folder and Press Shift+Right Click. Select Open Command Window here.
- Connect your device to your PC via a USB cable.
- Reboot into fastboot mode by tying following code in command window
adb reboot bootloader
- In the command window type following code to check phone is connected
- If all drivers were installed properly, your device will show up along with device name.
- Now type below command to start flashing recovery on phone.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Now type below command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 4 and rebooted into recovery with above command.If any Problem Please comment below.
Please if this post help you with rooting your device.