It feels strange when someone (Friends or Family) is holding your phone and investigate it. Then there is no privacy for your data and you only think about you have sensitive emails/documents/images or other files on your device but you are not able to take phone back.
Especially when the mobile is in the hands of your parents and they are opening your message.Then you and only you are able to understand that feeling.
If you want to avoid this kind of situation then read this post till end and we help you to take control on your data privacy.
How to Hide Apps on Android Phone
So, what if someone open whatsapp, facebook or any other massaging app and read all your massages. Everyone just want to prevent this. In some stock roms this type of features are already built in (for example , MIUI). Stock feature of course work very nice but what if this if hide app feature is not available.
Some pre-installed app is very annoying that are installed on your device without any need. You can also disabled these installed apps and app is also hide from home screen. Follow below step to step guide to disable unwanted app.
Disable Apps on Android Phone
- Open settings on android device.
- Select Apps option from settings.
- Click on three dots at top now click on ‘show system’ or ‘all apps’
- Find app you want to disable. Select it.
- After opening app detail click on ‘disable’
- App is gone from home screen.
Note: Disable feature is not working on all app. If you want use that app just follow these steps again and ‘enable’ it.
Hide Android Apps using Third-Party Apps
If app hiding feature is not available in stock rom or stock apps you can use third-party apps to hide android apps. We show you best apps to use. All these selected apps are work’s perfectly. Download this app from here directly.
This apps are two types first one is launcher apk and other is simple applock apk.
Hide Apps using Launcher
If you just want to hide, in preference to at ease, your apps, one of the simplest ways to do this is by putting in a custom launcher.For this whole purpose two best launchers are available to download and let you hide and secure any app you want. Hide apps from anyone’s eye using these launcher. Download links are also available for launchers.
How to Hide Apps using Nova Launcher
- Download and Install Nova Launcher Prime From Above.
- Set Nova launcher as default theme.
- Now open Nova settings.
- Select App & Widget Drawer in options.
- Scroll down and select ‘Hide Apps’ from ‘Drawer group’
- Then select desired apps you want to hide and close settings.
- Selected apps are now not visible in main screen.
- You can also un-hide apps with repeating same settings.
Note : To use hide apps feature in nova launcher you need to be download paid version of nova launcher from play store but we give you pro version of nova launcher without any cost. No need to pay anything and hide any app.
How to Hide Apps using Apex Launcher
If you don’t want to use Nova launcher here another option is Apex launcher. Nova launcher also able to hide apps. This launcher is work’s perfectly.
This launcher don’t need any paid version. Hide apps using free version. Download app from above given link.
- Download and install Apex launcher. Set as default browser.
- Open Apex launcher settings.
- Now select drawer settings.
- Select “Hidden apps” to control app you want to hide.
How to Lock Apps to Prevent anyone to Use
Hiding app is one option another option is yet available what if you secure any apps without hiding it. Yes you can do it using set pass-code on the app. Additional pass-code only for Apps. This is different than your stock Lock.
App Lock gives its best on phones with fingerprint security. App lock with pass-code is good but not best. Its not easy to open but sometime this gets some minor bugs.
Lock Apps Using App-Lock
This is really awesome app to prevent anyone from opening your messages or any other app. This app also have another feature which prevent you to uninstalling apps. If you use this Advance Protection and try to uninstall selected app first you need to enter password.
Open Lock-screen app > Enter Pattern you want to set > Select app you want to lock. Now all selected apps are need password before opening.
Lock App Using Fingerprint App-Lock
Fingerprint App-Lock is advanced version of simple app lock. Instead of Pass-code you need to fingerprint to unlock any app. This is more safe than older one.
Open Lock-screen Fingerprint app > Select apps you want to lock. All done now app is not open without Fingerprint.
Hide or Lock Apps on Stock Devices
Some device manufacturer built “Hide App” feature in stock rom’s. For Example Samsung and MIUI have this type of feature in stock rom’s.
You no need to install any third-party app to use this feature or no need to install any launcher.
Below step to step guide to use this feature on “Samsung” and “MIUI” devices.
How to Hide Apps on Samsung Devices
If you want to hide apps in stock Samsung devices follow below step to step guide. This is really easy to hide apps in Samsung.
- Go to main screen on Samsung device.
- Click on “Menu” button.
- Now select Hide Apps.
- Select desired app you want to Hide.
How to Lock Apps on MI Devices
- Open Security app on MI device.
- Select desired apps and click on set password.
- Now set pattern two time and click Next.
- Then click on Add account.
How to Hide Photos and Videos on Android Phone
Most Android devices don’t actually have a stock ability to hide stuff, so no matter what you’re looking to do, you’re probably going to have to resort to third-party apps. Let’s start with the basics and learn to hide some files in general. we can also hide media file using file manager. We talk about all these in detail below.
No one want to show their personal photos to anyone so hide it using below steps.
Hide Photos and Videos using App-Lock
This app is work as two type of apps. Using this app you can Hide apps and also hide Media (Photos or Video). Follow below steep to step guide to hide media files using app-lock.
- Download and Install App-Lock
- Open app and draw pattern you want.
- Then enter recovery E-mail (Not required) or click on save without entering E-mail
- Now select vault.
- Select video or Audio whatever you want to hide.
- Click on Plus button.
- Now select photos or videos you want to hide.
- Click on lock icon at below and click on ‘OK’
- All done now media is hidden from gallery.
Note : Don’t delete App-Lock folder from phone or Sd Card. If you delete it all hidden photos or video are deleted automatically.
Hide Photos or Videos using File Manager
You can hide any file using File Manager. This is easiest way to hide any file. This is not only for media you can hide any format using this method.
- Open file manager. Stock or third-party.
- Find file you want to hide .
- Long click on that file.
- Select rename to change name.
- Don’t change anything just enter dot before file name and save.
- Now file hidden.