In Mod My Android we are always post easy and best rooting tutorials to help you. Today we trying to help you with root Oneplus 3T. In this we Unlock bootloader, Install custom recovery and install SuperSu in Oneplus 3t. Its quite simple to do all these three just use this step to step in post.
OnePlus is now one of the best smartphone these days these phones are best in everything and give you all that customers want from their smartphones. But in every smart phone their is some restrictions that we can’t do on smartphones without taking full control over device. to do this we need to root device and taking all of it that you want. so we are giving you easiest guide to how you to install SuperSu in your device. You can do many things after rooting like install custom rom, customize you phone using xposed module app and other many more awesome twicks.
Unlocking the Bootloader and installing SuperSu will Void your Warranty. Think clearly about what you want and go ahead to tutorial if want to stay with us and root oneplus 3T.
Things To Remember Before Proceding to the Tutorial
Ensure that your phone has at least 60% battery remaining, and that your PC is plugged in and wont shut down spontaneously during the process. The procedure doesn’t take very long , but its best to have enough charge in case something goes wrong.
- Backup (Optional)
Unlocking the bootloader will/should completely wipe all data from the device. This includes apps, settings and even the contents of the internal sdcard (pictures, music, etc.). Copy all important files off the phone onto a PC or upload them to a cloud.
- USB Debugging
On your phone go to Settings > About phone > Tap on Build number 7 times. This will enable Developer options. Now go back to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging
- Enable OEM Unlocking
On your phone go to Settings > Developer options. Then enable the ‘OEM Unlocking’ option. Also make sure that from now on, OEM unlocking option is enabled before you reboot as sometimes, it might get disabled itself.
- Enable Advanced Reboot
On your phone go to Settings > Developer options. Then enable the ‘Advanced Reboot’ option.
Step By Step Guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Oneplus 3T
- First Of all Enable OEM Unlocking.To Do So Go to the Device Settings > Developer options. Then enable the ‘OEM Unlocking’ option under the INPUT.
- Now Install the ADB Drivers For Fastboot.Dowmload all ADB Drives from HERE
- Now Turn off the device and boot it into fastboot mode by holding volume up + power or select reboot to bootloader if advanced reboot is activated via developer options. The phone will display “fastboot” text indicating that it has successfully entered fastboot mode.
- Plug the phone into your PC, then open a command prompt window on the desktop (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here) and type:
This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlocking the bootloader with the following command:
Remember this Step will WIPE EVERYTHING off the phone so Backup all your DataCode:
fastboot oem unlock
- You would be greeted with a Unlock Bootloader Warning page, Hit the Vol button to select Yes and turn it Blue and Hit the Power Button to Execute the selection
- Just Follow all these steps to unlock the bootloader of the Oneplus 3T. For Rooting and installing custom recovery on OP 3T Follow these tutorials.
Now we are going to install custom recovery or TWRP recovery on Oneplus device so just stay with step to step guide to install recover and root oneplus 3T.
Install Custom Recovery in Oneplus 3T
custom recovery is also like stock recovery with some additional features custom recovery is Third-Party recovery to use hidden features like wipe your device,install custom zip fies,take entire backup of your device and much more.
Download the latest dm-verity and forced encryption disabler zip
- First of all enable USB debugging on your phone go to Settings > About phone > Tap on Build number 7 times. This will enable Developer options. Now go back to Settings >Developer options > Enable USB debugging.
- Enable OEM Unlocking on your phone go to Settings > Developer options. Then enable the ‘OEM Unlocking’ option. Also make sure that from now on, OEM unlocking option is enabled before you reboot as sometimes, it might get disabled itself.
Download all the files, place SuperSU or Magisk on Device Internal Memory and TWRP img in the Android Folder under the Platform Tools folder in C Drive
- Then boot it into fastboot/bootloader mode by holding volume up + power or selecting the reboot to bootloader via advanced reboot options.
- Open a new command prompt in the same location were you place your files and run the following commands:Code
fastboot flash recovery (file name).img
fastboot boot recovery.img
Custom recovery is now successfully installed on your use it as you want
Dont reboot into your OS to continue installing root into device.
Root Oneplus 3T Using SuperSu or Magisk
- With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
- Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want tap Never show this screen on boot again and Swipe allow modification.
- Without leaving TWRP, transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip to your device over MTP and flash it or select it from internal as placed before and flash it (This will also allow you to use [Format Data] to completely disable your encryption if desired)
- Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data” and type “yes” (If you want to mount internal storage).
- Now from the main menu navigate to Install Zip and select SuperSu or Magisk to root OnePlus 3T.
- Swipe to install SuperSu or Magisk and reboot your device.
So this is the complete guide of Unlocking bootloader , how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3T with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.
Share if you like this post.