OnePlus is no doubt one of the best Smartphone out in the Market Right Now. Their Smartphones offers a premium specs for a very affordable Price. The Smartphone 3 and 3T have recently got Android Oreo Update, As oneplus tends to keep the Phone Updates to latest Firmware.
Android 8.0 O Oreo is the latest android version from google, the new android version comes with many new features and Upgrades, Being one of the most Powerful budget android devices it is confirmed that the One plus 3 and 3T will get android 8.0 Oreo Update. So in this guide we will show you How to Install Oreo on Oneplus 3 and 3T.
Features of Android Oreo For Oneplus 3 and oneplus 3t OP3T
- 1 How to Update from Naugat to Android Oreo in Oneplus 3t and Oneplus 3
Some of the Important highlights of the Android Oreo for Oneplus 3 and oneplus 3T are as follows:
System updates in oxygen 5.0
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Parallel Apps
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Updated security patch to September
- Added notification dots
- New app folder design
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus
How to Update from Naugat to Android Oreo in Oneplus 3t and Oneplus 3
Update OnePlus 3 or 3T to Android 8.0 Oreo Using Official Update
This method will work when you have already installed Android Naugat and wish to update to the latest Android version that is the Oreo or Oxygen OS 5.0 In order to update your OnePlus 3 or 3T to Oreo 8.0, follow the below steps:-
- First of all, go to your OnePlus 3’s Settings.
- Now go to About Phone Section.
- Tap on Software Updates.
- Now it will check for the Software Update.
- Once the Update gets downloaded. The device will automatically reboot into the New Android 8.0 Oreo. Enjoy the Latest Android 8.0 on your OnePlus 3/T.
For People with Rooted phones and Custom Recovery
If you’re rooted and need to download the full image, the file is nearly 1.5GB large. OnePlus notes that the OTA will be incremental and that just a small percentage of 3 and 3T owners will get the OxygenOS 5.0 OTA today. A broader rollout will begin in a few days. But if you’re impatient, you can always use a VPN set to Germany to get the OTA right away.
It’s worth noting that flashing the OTA from TWRP turns up “Error: 7,” which indicates a device name mismatch. So if you’re rooted and need to flash the OTA from custom recovery, you’ll have to find a workaround with a build of TWRP that’s not set to verify device names from images, which is risky. Or you’ll have to pull the stock recovery, flash that separately, then flash the OTA.
How to Install Android 8.0 for Oneplus 3T and 3 with Custom Recovery
- First of all Download android O custom rom for Oneplus 3 and 3T
- Now rename the zip file to Update.zip
- Now place the rom in the root of sd card
- Now you have to boot your phone in recovery mode
- After You boot in recovery mode you will see many options on the screen
- Now First of all Tap on Wipe Dalvik cache/ Wipe Cache Partition
- Now tap on Install and Choose the Android 8.0 oreo Custom rom for Your Oneplus 3t.