Hello Friends here Mod My Android with another post how to root Mi 3. Its quite easy to root mi 3. If you want root with PC or without both tutorials are below in this post so just stay with us to know how to root mi 3.Follow step to step guide as given below.
Now you can download Official updated TWRP 3.1.1 recovery for Xiaomi Mi 3 (cancro). Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with fully new design to TWRP 3.1.1 That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.1.1 on Xiaomi Mi 3. The new update of TWRP 3.1.1 has a completely new look, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and for updated version of MIUI of now you can flash image files also. Follow this guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3.
To do list :
Backup: Backup all your personal only for safety reasons.Nothing is wiped out in this tutorial.
Battery: Make sure to charge your phone at least 60% or more to prevent from bricking your phone
Only step to step guide: Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. Then we are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
Now let’s started Rooting Tutorial Mi 3:
How to Root Mi 3 without PC
- Download new version of Kingroot apk from Here. (Direct link)
- Now install Apk on your mobile and open it.
- After opening app swipe up two time to go in main menu.
- Then click button Try It
- Now app collecting your device info. Wait till loading stops.
- To start Root Mi 3 click on Start Root button.
- Wait for process completed.
Now download Root checker apk from play store to check your device is rooted successfully. If rooting successfully completed then go install recovery part of this post or if not then try rooting with PC.
Root Mi 3 with PC
- Download Kingroot software for PC used in rooting process from Here.
- Install software on PC by double click .exe file > select accept agreement > click on next four time > click on install > click on finish.
- Now software is insttaled open it.
- Turn on USB Debugging on your phone from setting (Open settings > about phone > click 7 times on build numbers > back in setting > developer option > now select USB Debugging.
- Connect your mobile with PC using Usb cable (use original usb cable).
- Now click on Root to start rooting Mi 3.
- Rooting progress showing in percentage it will take some minutes. don’t touch or unplug phone in process.
- Don’t worry if device reboot automatically.
- If PC screen come back with big tick congrats your device is rooted.Close application on PC
- Now your Phone is rebooting again.
Also check root status using root checker app available on Google play store.
Now Rooting of Mi 3 is completed just stay with post to install Updated 3.1.1 TWRP custom Recovery on your Android Mi 3
Custom recovery also installing in two different ways with PC or without PC but without PC requires Root grant on your mobile.
Install custom Recovery on Mi 3
NOTE : 3.1.1 TWRP recovery only works if you are updated latest firmware of your device if firmware not updated please use 3.0.0 TWRP recovery for better results Good Luck.
In this we are using flashify app to install custom recovery.App available on Google Play store.
- Download Flashify app from HERE
- Also TWRP.img files from
- Open flashify app then click on Accept.
- Grant Root permission.
- Select recovery image > Click on choose a file.
- Select file file from file manager.
- Now click on Yup!
- Phone is now rebooted in Custom recovery.
- Download and install ADB drivers on your PC (default path is C:/Program Files/Android/android-sdk)
- Also download TWRP img in same folder were ADB drivers installed and rename it to TWRP.img
- Go to that folder and Press Shift+Right Click. Select Open Command Window here.
- Connect your device to your PC via a USB cable.
- Reboot into fastboot mode by tying following code in command window
adb reboot bootloader
- In the command window type following code to check phone is connected
- If all drivers were installed properly, your device will show up along with device name.
- Now type below command to start flashing recovery on phone.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Now type below command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3 and rebooted into recovery with above command.If any Problem Please comment below.
Please if this post help you with rooting your device.