Hello Guys welcome back to ModMyAndroid, Today we are gonna explain you guys How to Root OP5 using Magisk that is System Root. But First Let me tell you guys what exactly is MAGISK. To be Fair even I didn’t Knew what it was and then i had to dig up the Google searches to understand What Magisk is and how does it work. So Lets Start with
What is MAGISK?
Magisk is the best alternative that can be found for SuperSu that has been developed by an XDA-Developers topjohnwu. It is a type of Systemless Rooting method which gives you Root permission without Hindering with The ANDROIDPAY or the SAFETYNET. Unlike SuperSU which only grants or denies root permissions for specific apps, Magisk can also hide root from an app completely which can help in using banking app or Pokemon GO that you couldn’t get to work on your rooted device can work if you’re rooted with Magisk.
Advantages Of Magisk Over SuperSu
- It is System les rooting method which means apps which dont work with SU works flawlessly using Magisk.
- No Issue with using Banking Application as well as AndroidPay.
- Easily Pass SafetyNet.
- Can Use Rooting previlege to be Shown to only specific Apps i.e Hide Root Status.
- 100% fully open source and easy to build!
- Magic Mount:
Allow you to do any system (vendor) modification without actually tampering the partitions.
- MagiskSU: Open Source Root Solution
Root your device with MagiskSU, based on phh’s Superuser, which is based on CM Superuser.
- Magisk Manager:
MagiskSU Root Management, Install / Upgrade Magisk in-app,
Manage, Upgrade, Download, Install Magisk Modules within a few taps.
- Magisk Hide:
Hide Magisk from detection, including SafetyNet, which is used in Android Pay, Pokemon GO etc.
Allow you to do any modifications to system props (build.prop), including read-only props.
- Multiple Entry Points:
Provide several entry points to developers, reliably pausing the boot process before everything is done.
Include post-fs (cache) mode, which happens even earlier than data is mounted (used to replace Boot Animation etc.)
- Standard Stuff:
Remove dm-verity, forencrypt; includes a super complete busybox to guarantee consistent behavior, and can also be toggled to be used universally.
Requirements for Intalling Magisk on Oneplus Devices
- The Device Must have Unlocked Bootloader. We have already written an article over the same. Check Unlocking Bootloader of Oneplus
- You should have Custom Recovery installed. Click here To install TWRP on your device
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Installing Magisk on Oneplu 3-3T-5
- If you have installed Custom recovery i.e TWRP then just download the module in your device. Now boot into recovery mode by Pressing Volume + and Power Botton.
- Now search for The Magisk.zip file and install it. Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select Magisk Module (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the Magisk Module installation process. Follow the Image if Needed.(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your zip file is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu.
Now You have successfully installed Magisk on your Device. For any help regarding installing Magisk Just Comment Below.