Did you want to know how to Root Samsung J2 and install Recovery with Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)? Then stay with this post. Welcome to Mod My Android new post. Rooting your phone gives you many opportunities to customize your phone, install recovery & Rom, deleting some unwanted system apps and much more there are too much to do with your android mobile after rooting that is normally not possible to do and never done on any other mobile platform.
File Needed for Rooting Process
Odin (Samsung Official software).
TWRP.img (Used for Recovery).
Samsung USB drivers (Install on PC).
SuperSu.zip (Rooting File).
Flashify (Apk for install recovery).
Before We Start
Backup all your personal data. (Only for data safety).
Battery at least 65%
Only for root Samsung J2.
Enable USB Debugging on mobile (Go to setting > About Phone > Tap 6-7 times on build number > Go back to setting > Open developer option > Enable USB Debugging)
We show two different way to root Samsung j2 and install TWRP Custom Recovery
How to Root Samsung J2
Using Kingroot Apk
– Download Latest version of KingRoot.
– Install it on your Phone and open it.
– Click on Try it then app check mobiles info for Rooting.
– Now click on Start Root to start rooting process.
– Wait till app is processing.
– It takes some Time to Complete. After complete close app and check that rooting is successfully complete with Root Checker app.
Using SuperSU Zip (If TWRP Custom Recovery Already Installed)
– Download SuperSu and place it in the root directory (Don’t place in any holder)
– Switch off your phone and turn on into recovery by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power Buttons.
– Now it Will Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache,System,Data.
– Now come back to the main panel and click install.
– Select TWRP file and swipe screen to start rooting.
– After install completed reboot mobile from the main screen.
– Now SuperSu installed on phones system app.
How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung J2 SM-J200G
– Download USB drivers from the Here direct link.
– Download Odin from Here.
– Get TWRP recovery to install Custom recovery on Samsung J2 from given link.
– Install all USB drivers on your PC.
– Install Odin on your PC.
– Copy TWRP recovery to your Desktop.
– Enable USB Debugging. (Go to setting > About Phone > Tap 6-7 times on build number > Go back to setting > Open developer option > Enable USB Debugging)
– Turn off your phone and go into Download mode by pressing VolumeDown + Home + Power Buttons at the same time.
– When you entering into Download Mode it will say Warning Press Volume Up button to continue.Then press it.
– Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable. (Use original cable)
– Now start Odin Application on PC.It Will Show the message added.If the message will not appear in application try to disconnect and connect again. or check if drivers are perfectly installed.
– After Getting Added Message Select PDA Button to Browse the TWRP Recovery file Select it.Also, tick the Auto Reboot.
– Now your phone is automatically rebooted.
– Now check custom recovery is installed by turning off your phone and pressing Volume Down + Home + Power Buttons at the same time. Congrats if Recovery installed now go to next step on how to Root Samsung J2 SM-J200G 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Using Flashify Apk (For Rooted Devices)
– Download Flashify App.
– Download TWRP Recovery Image.
– Open Flashify App Grant SuperUser Permission and Search For Downloaded TWRP Recovery Image Install it.
– You can check the TWRP Recovery is Correctly installed or not by Entering into Recovery Mode->Switch off your Mobile->Volume Up+Home+Power Buttons.
Welcome Rooted Family now use the Rooted phone as you want to use install custom ROM, customize status bar, change icons, change fonts, delete system apps.
Also, Check Out How to Hide Root using Hide My Root Apk
If you like this post by Mod My Android please share it.
Always come for Rooting or Recovery Tutorials.