If you are new to Android and looking for a way to test some of the currently available Android applications, here is how to proceed :
- First get the Android SDK and unzip it somewhere on your hard drive
- Add SDK_ROOT to your system variables pointing to /tools folder under the sdk
- Run the emulator
- Copy the apk file to /tools folder
- Change directory to /tools and run from commandline $adb install your_application.apk
- Now check applications list in the emulator and you should see the new application installed and ready.
Some pointed me to the error message when running adb on windows : * deamon still not running * error: no device.
In this case try to shutdown adb server and start it manually using :
You can test if deamon is working by running $adb shell
The uninstall procedure is
$adb shell rm your_application.apk
Hope this help, enjoy !